Recipe by ashlizzard
This is the best taco filling I've ever had, there is salsa and fruit and if you don't want to use canned chicken, you can replace it with fresh or leftover chicken breast. the nice thing is that you can start cooking while you're preparing, so it really doesn't take too long. you can also use the chicken mixture in a taco salad or other creative dishes. if you want, you can add rice and beans to your taco or burrito after everything is in it, you'll have a stuffed but delicious meal. can be put on hard or soft shell tacos.
- one can chicken breast (12 oz.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1⁄2 cup apple, chunks (half of an apple)
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk
- 1⁄2 cup mango, chunks
- 4 -6 tortillas
- 1 -2 cup of grated cheese
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set the stove to medium hot and then drain the chicken and dump it into a medium frying pan. with a plastic spoon or spatula break apart the chicken chunks into smaller pieces.
- mix salsa in with the chicken.
- cut apple, pineapple and mango into small chunks and mix them into the chicken and salsa.
- wait for the mixture to start boiling then let it boil for about five minutes.
- Optional: put one tortilla on a plate and sprinkle a couple drops of water on it and microwave it for 10-15 seconds.
- prepare the tortillas with sour cream and cheese and then put the chicken mixture on them and roll it up how you desire.