Recipe by trishypie
These chewy Grandma-style cookies will only leave you wanting more! Slightly crispy on the edges with a soft and chewy middle, they are absolutely divine and VERY easy to make! I received this recipe years ago from my friend Linda and it's become a favorite in our home.
Top Review by Scru Y.
Worst recipe ever! I'm being serious! I tried this TWICE and it was severely screwed up. The directions are totally wrong. I added exactly what it said and it didn't turn out to ANYTHING! The dough was all crumbly and it was impossible to mix! I love cookies. I have tried all sorts of recipes that turned out amazing. But this is the worst. I don't kow who made this but it is entirely wrong! Do not use this recipe!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (slightly packed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips (or however much you like! I usually eyeball a couple cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together with a handmixer in a large bowl EXCEPT chocolate chips.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a spatula and spoon 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for about 10 minutes or until the edges are just slightly brown.
- Remove immediately from cookie sheet onto cooling racks.