Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy to make with a cake mix and oh, so good. For a more fruity dessert, double the pineapple and cherry pie filling.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon pineapple evenly over bottom of 9 X 13 pan.
- Cover the pineapple with cherry pie filling.
- Pour the dry cake mix evenly over fruit mixture so that it reaches all sides of the pan.
- Drizzle entire surface with butter.
- Sprinkle coconut and pecans evenly over top.
- Bake until cake is deep brown and a toothpick comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool and serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
This recipe is so easy and delicious! I make sure to keep the ingredients on hand for a quick dessert when company is coming over unexpectedly. Love it served with ice cream!
This is so good. it doesn't sound all that impressive, but the flavor is really warm and comforting. I would not serve it to company because it looks like a dump cake, but my family loves it. I made it w/out coconut (didn't have any), and it was still yummy!