Recipe by Recipe Reader
Easy to make with a cake mix and oh, so good. For a more fruity dessert, double the pineapple and cherry pie filling.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spoon pineapple evenly over bottom of 9 X 13 pan.
- Cover the pineapple with cherry pie filling.
- Pour the dry cake mix evenly over fruit mixture so that it reaches all sides of the pan.
- Drizzle entire surface with butter.
- Sprinkle coconut and pecans evenly over top.
- Bake until cake is deep brown and a toothpick comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes.
- Let cool and serve with ice cream or whipped cream.