Recipe by MsTeechur
Nothing better than fresh cherry crisp! I make this with fresh cherries. Sure, you can use canned, but it's worth it to go with the real thing. Doesn't matter what kind; just adjust the sugar a bit if you're using pie cherries. I made mine with bings.
- 4 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 20 almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large zip type plastic bag mix together the white sugar, 1/4 cup flour,.
- Toss cherries in and shake until almost all of the dried mixture is absorbed. Let sit for awhile while you make the streusel topping.
- In another bowl, mix together the oats, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and almost until it is crumbly.
- Shake the cherries more to soak up the rest of the flour/sugar mixture.
- Pour cherries into a baking dish or into 8 ramekins (I prefer making individual servings for portion control).
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.