Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My neighbor passed along this recipe to me. I live in a house with extremely picky eaters who love it! I also am not an onion fan- so i used a tsp of onion powder instead of real onions.
- 1 lb hash brown (i use string but any will do)
- 4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 small onion (chopped)
- preheat oven to 375.
- in large bowl mix hashbrowns and cheese together (set aside).
- mix together sour cream, soup, onion, and butter.
- Add mixture to hashbrowns and mix together.
- Bake in casserole dish (i used 11X13) uncovered for 1 hour.
This recipe is a simple but a totally tasty treat! I served it originally as a side for breakfast during a big family gathering and it was gone in minutes. I had people asking for the recipe and hoping that I had more hidden somewhere. It took the show! I decided to try making it for dinner but added ham steak cubes in it and served green beans on the side. It was a good call. I have made it again and again. Thank you onlyjoie!
This recipe was delicious. I used fresh potatoes and a mexican blend of cheese, and i measured nothing LOL Thanks for a great recipe :)
Have made it 3 times and each time everyone commented how good it was. Good ingredients to make it moist but not mushy.