Recipe by Topher
Found this on another online site. A great twist makes a tasty party pleaser. Prep time doesn't include chill time.
Top Review by soursugar
I've been using this exact recipe for years now. I have to make it every year at Christmas or I receive a lot of complaints! To make them more festive I alternate rolling the truffles in sweet paprika, dried parsley flakes, almond slivers and finely shredded white cheddar. Makes a nice green, red, and white plate that way. You can leave out the nuts entirely if allergies are an issue. If you don't have time to roll all the little balls you can also make one large log rolled in your chosen topping and put it out with a spreading knife.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash ground red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 2⁄3 cups chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese, shredded cheese, garlic powder and ground red pepper until well blended. Divide in half.
- Add roasted red peppers to one half and green onions to the other half; mix each half until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
- Shape each cheese mixture into 24 balls, each about 1-inch in diameter.
- Roll in pecans.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve with crackers or chip of your choice.