Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is the most *fantastic* cookie, the oil and butter produces a wonderful texture and taste, chocolate chips may be added along with the butterscotch chips if desired, the Skor toffee bits are only optional but I like to add them in ;-)
Top Review by Kar's Kitchen
Amazing is quite right! These are absolutely delicious! Wonderful, crunch texture. I used 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp rum extract. Works beautifully with the butterscotch. Thank you!
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter (no substitutions please!)
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar (can use 1/2 cup light brown sugar mixed with 1/2 dark brown sugar if desired)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (can use 2 teaspoons) or 2 teaspoons maple extract (can use 2 teaspoons)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup skor toffee pieces (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- In another bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter with the both sugars until creamy.
- Add in the 1 cup oil, egg, 1 tsp milk and the extract; beat with mixer until well mixed, and the sugars are dissolved.
- Add in the flour mixture, mix on low speed until well combined.
- With a wooden spoon, mix in the baking chips and the nuts (if using), and the Skor toffee bits (if using).
- Drop about 1 tablespoon of dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes (for a crispy cookie bake for a longer time).
- Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack.