Recipe by *Bellinda*
My aunt made these for me 11 years ago. Except for the garlic. I added that because I add garlic to almost everything. These are so different but so good.
Top Review by CoffeeB
These tasted a bit different to me than the other mashed potato recipes I've made. Not quite as creamy as I'd like. Still a good tasting side.:-) Made for VIP of the month in Veg-n-Swap~
- 3 large idaho potatoes, peeled, cubed small
- 3 -6 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Add potatoes and garlic to a pot and cover with water.
- Add salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until fork tender.
- Drain and add back to the pot.
- Mash with the remaining ingredients. Add the buttermilk gradually in case you need less.(You'll get even better results when you use a potatoe ricer.).