Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My aunt made these for me 11 years ago. Except for the garlic. I added that because I add garlic to almost everything. These are so different but so good.
- 3 large idaho potatoes, peeled, cubed small
- 3 -6 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Add potatoes and garlic to a pot and cover with water.
- Add salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until fork tender.
- Drain and add back to the pot.
- Mash with the remaining ingredients. Add the buttermilk gradually in case you need less.(You'll get even better results when you use a potatoe ricer.).
These tasted a bit different to me than the other mashed potato recipes I've made. Not quite as creamy as I'd like. Still a good tasting side.:-) Made for VIP of the month in Veg-n-Swap~
Delicious! These were so creamy and rich and garlicky! We loved them. Thanks Bellinda! Made for 123 tag.
Just great! We're garlic lovers, so you had us at the aroma while the potatoes boiled. I used my potato ricer, wouldn't be without it. Thank you for sharing your aunt's recipe, *Bellinda*! Made for July Veg*n Swap.