Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This cake is the Moistest, Richest Bundt cake EVER! I have tried alot of great chocolate cakes and this one is a winner with my DH who doesn't even like chocolate....(I wash a lot of forks after he gets home from work from the snitching...). It Can be made with any kind of cake mix and frosting but it looks the best when done in chocolate with chocolate frosting. It does require the use of a cake plate with a dome lid.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package cake mix (I use DH Dark Chocolate Fudge)
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant pudding mix (I use Jello Chocolate Fudge)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) containerregular pre-made frosting (I use DH Dark Chocolate Fudge)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease sides and bottom of Bundt Style cake pan and flour lightly ( I use a baking spray that contains flour).
- In a large bowl put cake mix and pudding mix, add water, oil, and eggs. and beat with electric mixer at low for 30 seconds. Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into pan and bake immediately.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes (watch carefully) cake is done when toothpick inserted into center comes out "clean".
- cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove foil lid from frosting and microwave carefully until frosting is melted and pourable (carefully remove can from microwave as the plastic may be hot).
- Turn out cake from pan onto cake plate, and drizzle frosting over the cake until it's coated well ( the "extras" that end up int the center of the cake are fought over in our house).
- Promptly place dome over frosted cake and DO NOT TOUCH until the condensation has cleared (approx 6 hours).
- This cake keeps well on the counter top, covered with the dome for about a week if you can keep it around that long!
- You can also lay a doily over the frosting after the condensation is gone and dust with powdered sugar, or add toasted coconut.
This cake is soooo goooood. My family can't wait for it to cool...They eat it warm with ice cream. Jellybeene