Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I saw this recipe this morning on the www.recipe4living.com website. We always have brown rice leftover from the Chinese Food takeout nights! :-) "A delicious brown rice salad. Everyone in your family will love it. Great to take to parties as a side dish."
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries (and or or perhaps a diced up apple)
- 1⁄2 cup light balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Splenda granular
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 45 to 60 minutes, or until done.
- Transfer rice to a serving bowl and stir in onion, celery, cranberries and salad dressing.
- Cover, refrigerate and serve cold.
This sounds delicious! I am always looking for ways to use up leftover brown rice too. May try it with all natural dried cherries and slivered almonds.