Recipe by hottiecj
I love to have this for lunch! So cheesy and creamy! This is an adapted cheese soup recipe of mine and is it ever delicious! I love cheesy potato soup but since I'm diabetic now, I can't have the carbs. This is a wonderful alternative and GREAT for diabetics! The only carbs are in the milk, and the little bit of flour! And it's so easy to throw together! I just steam the broccoli in the microwave, and then chop it, and the ham, while I wait on the soup to boil.
Top Review by Marym939496
I doubled the recipe and added more broccoli cuts than what was asked for. To me, it still needed more broccoli. Also, I didn't add any salt because I thought the ham added enough. Other than that I stuck to the recipe exactly as listed, and the taste was fabulous! I will definitely make this soup again!
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml flour
- 591.47 ml milk
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- 236.59 ml broccoli, steamed and chopped
- 236.59 ml ham, chopped
- 226.79 g Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper when butter is melted and bubbly.
- Over med. heat, mix until it becomes a smooth, bubbly paste.
- Add milk and broth all at once, and stir until butter/flour mixture dissolves and it comes to a boil.
- Add chopped broccoli and ham, and cheeses.
- Stir until cheeses are melted and Serve!