I love to have this for lunch! So cheesy and creamy! This is an adapted cheese soup recipe of mine and is it ever delicious! I love cheesy potato soup but since I'm diabetic now, I can't have the carbs. This is a wonderful alternative and GREAT for diabetics! The only carbs are in the milk, and the little bit of flour! And it's so easy to throw together! I just steam the broccoli in the microwave, and then chop it, and the ham, while I wait on the soup to boil.
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper when butter is melted and bubbly.
- Over med. heat, mix until it becomes a smooth, bubbly paste.
- Add milk and broth all at once, and stir until butter/flour mixture dissolves and it comes to a boil.
- Add chopped broccoli and ham, and cheeses.
- Stir until cheeses are melted and Serve!