1/2 Photos of Amazing Broccoli Cheese Soup With Ham
I love to have this for lunch! So cheesy and creamy! This is an adapted cheese soup recipe of mine and is it ever delicious! I love cheesy potato soup but since I'm diabetic now, I can't have the carbs. This is a wonderful alternative and GREAT for diabetics! The only carbs are in the milk, and the little bit of flour! And it's so easy to throw together! I just steam the broccoli in the microwave, and then chop it, and the ham, while I wait on the soup to boil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a large pot.
- 2Add flour, salt, and pepper when butter is melted and bubbly.
- 3Over med. heat, mix until it becomes a smooth, bubbly paste.
- 4Add milk and broth all at once, and stir until butter/flour mixture dissolves and it comes to a boil.
- 5Add chopped broccoli and ham, and cheeses.
- 6Stir until cheeses are melted and Serve!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Broccoli Cheese Soup With Ham
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.2
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 144.5 mg
- Sodium 1915.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 31.7 g