Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used to make this when I worked for a gas station/pizza place so I could sell it by the slice to the early morning rush. I would end up selling more for breakfast than lunch at times!
- pizza dough
- 2 -3 eggs (depending on your taste)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 6 ounces shredded yellow cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces deli ham, sliced into 2 inch strips
- 3 ounces cooked bacon, crumbled
- 5 breakfast sausage links, chunked
- 1⁄4 minced onion (optional)
- chopped chives (for garnish)
- This recipe is a lot quicker if you precook your Bacon and Sausage the night before and store them in your refrigerator as I do -- the prep time will be based on this.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- For the Pizza Dough, if you can find it frozen, uncooked, and preshaped. it's a huge time saver. If not, just prepare it as you would normally on a large pizza pan (I make the crust about 1/4 thick). Excluding the 1 1/2 of the outer crust, make little indentations with your fingertips in the dough. This helps the egg settle and cook more evenly.
- Beat the eggs with the milk, and pour over the center of the crust. Use your fingers, or a pastry brush to evenly disperse the egg.
- Evenly cover the egg with the strips of ham.
- Scatter the sausages, and if you want to have them, add the onion. Salt and pepper it lightly.
- Add a blanket of the Mozzarella cheese, then the Cheddar.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon.
- Put this wonderful pie in the oven on the center rack and check it after 15 minutes. It's hard for me to give an approximate cooking time as I used a ride through oven for 7 minutes at 475°F at my work. If it looks done, then it is. The egg layer is thin enough to cook in 10 minutes or so, so it's really just about the crust and how you like it.
- Once you've deemed it to be done, take it out of your oven and garnish it with some chopped chives. Slice, and enjoy! It's great on the go, and is wonderful hot or cold. I'm hoping this recipe will make your household as happy as it made my customers :).
HANDS DOWN THE BEST PIZZA EVER!! THIS IS A MUST TRY RECIPE! I made my crust out of my bread machine. We had this Easter morning after church for brunch- and it is our new EVERY holiday breakfast by unanimous vote!!
I like breakfast stuff, but I was a little leery about this. I'm glad I tried it though, its pretty good! I got pre-made dough from the store and let it sit out and warm up a bit. I also got Tyson precooked Ham pieces and sausage pieces. I also sliced up some onion. I scrambled 4 eggs and the 1/4 cup of milk. I cooked the pizza for 5 minutes on 400, took it out, poked it with a fork and put the egg mixture on top.. Then I decorated it with all the toppings (as much as I thought I'd like, I didn't go by the measurements here). I then baked it for about 9-10 minutes on 400 and it was perfectly done. Next time I'll add double if not triple what I originally added for toppings. It was pretty good, and I'll definitely make again.
Great recipe! I had no problem re-creating it. The egg did not leak off because I made a ledge around the edge of my pizza crust. I think next time I will trying adding a few veggies like fresh mushroom and chopped bell pepper. Thanks for sharing this recipe, my whole family loved it :)