This hearty braised chicken and vegetable one-pan meal is ready in less than an hour, and has the most amazing flavor. It was created for RSC #9.
- Rinse and pat dry all chicken pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. (NOTE: go lightly on salt or skip it - the soy sauce will add saltiness later.).
- Heat olive oil in saute pan. Add chicken pieces to hot oil and brown on each side (about 3 - 5 minutes per side). Remove chicken from the pan, and set aside.
- Toss garlic, potatoes and carrots in the remaining olive oil and chicken fond in the saute pan. Season vegetables with salt (lightly) and pepper, and sprinkle with the rosemary leaves. Saute and stir until the vegetables start to brown (about 5 - 10 minutes).
- Juice the orange, and mix 3 tbsp of the orange juice with the soy sauce, reserving the rest for another use.
- Add chicken back to the pan with the vegetables. Drizzle the orange/soy mixture over the chicken. Cover the pan, and simmer for 20 minutes, turning the chicken after 10 minutes. Serve with a green salad.