Recipe by PanNan
This hearty braised chicken and vegetable one-pan meal is ready in less than an hour, and has the most amazing flavor. It was created for RSC #9.
Top Review by Scott's Sassy Girl
Thanks for this 5 star. It is so tasty but I did add orange zest from he whole orange. I used chicken parts to but the whole cut up chicken as I save the parts I can't use in this recipe for later use for chicken stock for other recipes. My hubby really loved this recipe I did skin the chicken as both of us are on low fat diet. Thanks again for this recipe
- 1 whole chicken, cut in 8 pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium white potatoes, peeled and diced 1-inch
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced 1/2-inch
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 orange, juice of (about 3 tbsp)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and pat dry all chicken pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. (NOTE: go lightly on salt or skip it - the soy sauce will add saltiness later.).
- Heat olive oil in saute pan. Add chicken pieces to hot oil and brown on each side (about 3 - 5 minutes per side). Remove chicken from the pan, and set aside.
- Toss garlic, potatoes and carrots in the remaining olive oil and chicken fond in the saute pan. Season vegetables with salt (lightly) and pepper, and sprinkle with the rosemary leaves. Saute and stir until the vegetables start to brown (about 5 - 10 minutes).
- Juice the orange, and mix 3 tbsp of the orange juice with the soy sauce, reserving the rest for another use.
- Add chicken back to the pan with the vegetables. Drizzle the orange/soy mixture over the chicken. Cover the pan, and simmer for 20 minutes, turning the chicken after 10 minutes. Serve with a green salad.