- 236.59 ml salsa
- 2 (878.83 g) can black beans
- 473.18 ml vegetable broth
- 44.37 ml fresh cilantro
- 9.85 ml lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- pour salsa into a large sauce pan and heat on medium heat.
- rinse beans in a collander, then add beans and broth to salsa. bring to a boil and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- in the meantime, mince cilantro. use a knife or a food processor. set cilantro aside.
- after about 15 minutes of simmering, remove about 1/2 of the soup from the pan and put it in a food processor. puree the soup (it will become thicker) and then put the pureed soup back into the pan. continue to simmer.
- add minced cilantro and lime juice to soup.
- cook soup for a few more minutes (5 or so). the longer you cook it, the more it will reduce and become thicker. eat as is or add cheese/sour cream on top as a garnish if you desire.