Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
for being so easy, this soup will knock your socks off! totally vegetarian and is really great with some crusty bread or some finely shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream on top!
- 236.59 ml salsa
- 2 (878.83 g) can black beans
- 473.18 ml vegetable broth
- 44.37 ml fresh cilantro
- 9.85 ml lime juice
- pour salsa into a large sauce pan and heat on medium heat.
- rinse beans in a collander, then add beans and broth to salsa. bring to a boil and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- in the meantime, mince cilantro. use a knife or a food processor. set cilantro aside.
- after about 15 minutes of simmering, remove about 1/2 of the soup from the pan and put it in a food processor. puree the soup (it will become thicker) and then put the pureed soup back into the pan. continue to simmer.
- add minced cilantro and lime juice to soup.
- cook soup for a few more minutes (5 or so). the longer you cook it, the more it will reduce and become thicker. eat as is or add cheese/sour cream on top as a garnish if you desire.
wow like really it sounds a good food to eat
Super easy and healthy, I topped with fat-free greek yogurt and chopped cilantro which gave it the look of being fancier than it really is. My DH and I ate the entire thing... although I would have loved leftovers!
Delicious! I used a can of refried black beans in place of one can of whole beans and so therefore skipped the pureeing step. Also left out the cilantro (not a big fan of it). Used a medium-heat Mexican brand salsa which provided the perfect amount of seasoning. Served with sour cream and cheddar cheese. Thanks for a super fast and easy dinner!