for being so easy, this soup will knock your socks off! totally vegetarian and is really great with some crusty bread or some finely shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream on top!
- pour salsa into a large sauce pan and heat on medium heat.
- rinse beans in a collander, then add beans and broth to salsa. bring to a boil and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- in the meantime, mince cilantro. use a knife or a food processor. set cilantro aside.
- after about 15 minutes of simmering, remove about 1/2 of the soup from the pan and put it in a food processor. puree the soup (it will become thicker) and then put the pureed soup back into the pan. continue to simmer.
- add minced cilantro and lime juice to soup.
- cook soup for a few more minutes (5 or so). the longer you cook it, the more it will reduce and become thicker. eat as is or add cheese/sour cream on top as a garnish if you desire.
wow like really it sounds a good food to eat
Super easy and healthy, I topped with fat-free greek yogurt and chopped cilantro which gave it the look of being fancier than it really is. My DH and I ate the entire thing... although I would have loved leftovers!
Delicious! I used a can of refried black beans in place of one can of whole beans and so therefore skipped the pureeing step. Also left out the cilantro (not a big fan of it). Used a medium-heat Mexican brand salsa which provided the perfect amount of seasoning. Served with sour cream and cheddar cheese. Thanks for a super fast and easy dinner!