- 1 cup salsa
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- pour salsa into a large sauce pan and heat on medium heat.
- rinse beans in a collander, then add beans and broth to salsa. bring to a boil and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- in the meantime, mince cilantro. use a knife or a food processor. set cilantro aside.
- after about 15 minutes of simmering, remove about 1/2 of the soup from the pan and put it in a food processor. puree the soup (it will become thicker) and then put the pureed soup back into the pan. continue to simmer.
- add minced cilantro and lime juice to soup.
- cook soup for a few more minutes (5 or so). the longer you cook it, the more it will reduce and become thicker. eat as is or add cheese/sour cream on top as a garnish if you desire.