Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a hearty favorite of my family. Wonderful flavor and very easy to make.
- 453.59-680.38 g cubed beef stew meat
- 118.29 ml flour
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 0 onion, chopped fine
- 177.44 ml chopped celery
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 4.92 ml thyme
- 1064.65 ml beef broth
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 medium potatoes, diced
- 198.44-396.89 g canned peas
- Put flour, salt & pepper in large Ziploc bag.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large dutch oven or soup pot.
- Place meat in bag with the flour and shake well until coated.
- Shake off meat pieces and add them to the oil and stir until slightly browned.
- Add remaining flour to pan and finely chopped onion.
- Stir until well browned.
- Add remainder of ingredients, except potatoes & peas.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes, cover a cook 1 additional hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Add canned peas, cover and cook 1/2 - 1 additional hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
This stew makes the whole house smell wonderful while it cooks. I added about 2 chopped cloves of garlic in Step 5. The cooking time was spot on. All of the vegetables and the stew meat were very tender after 2 1/2 hours of cooking on the stove top.