Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very very good. I suggest you use as many colors of peppers that you can get; it improves the taste of the recipe, and it looks better
- 2 lbs boneless beef sirloin, 3/4 inch thick
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canswanson seasoned beef broth, with onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups green peppers or 4 cups red peppers or 4 cups yellow peppers or 4 cups orange bell peppers, cut instrips
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Slice beef into thin strips.
- Slice peppers into thin strips.
- Stir fry beef in "nonstick" skillet, or wok, until browned and juices evaporate.
- In seperate bowl, mix soy, broth, cornstarch, and garlic.
- Mix constantly.
- Add peppers to wok.
- Add cornstarch mixture.
- Stir--cook until mixture boils and thickens, and peppers become soft.
- Serve over cooked rice.
This recipe originally was in the babyfood category and my review pertained to that. Someone has removed it from that category now so my concerns about the amount of sodium for children have been alleviated. I suspect that this recipe tastes pretty good. Unfortunately I am a vegetarian and am waiting for the day that someone succeeds at recreating a decent steak. I used to make similar dishes in my omnivorous days and I'm sure this one is a success. Happy cooking!
its not really made for babys. they can handle the rice and peppers, but as far as the meat goes you must chop thier portion up so fine so they wont choke. and i really hope you didnt add salt to it. all both weather it be chicken or beef broth has a massive amount of salt. its about as salty as campbells chicken soup. add pepper to your taste.