Recipe by MslucySky8
Very very good. I suggest you use as many colors of peppers that you can get; it improves the taste of the recipe, and it looks better
Top Review by Missy Wombat
This recipe originally was in the babyfood category and my review pertained to that. Someone has removed it from that category now so my concerns about the amount of sodium for children have been alleviated. I suspect that this recipe tastes pretty good. Unfortunately I am a vegetarian and am waiting for the day that someone succeeds at recreating a decent steak. I used to make similar dishes in my omnivorous days and I'm sure this one is a success. Happy cooking!
- 2 lbs boneless beef sirloin, 3/4 inch thick
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canswanson seasoned beef broth, with onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups green peppers or 4 cups red peppers or 4 cups yellow peppers or 4 cups orange bell peppers, cut instrips
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice beef into thin strips.
- Slice peppers into thin strips.
- Stir fry beef in "nonstick" skillet, or wok, until browned and juices evaporate.
- In seperate bowl, mix soy, broth, cornstarch, and garlic.
- Mix constantly.
- Add peppers to wok.
- Add cornstarch mixture.
- Stir--cook until mixture boils and thickens, and peppers become soft.
- Serve over cooked rice.