Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe years ago from one of those free recipe cards they send in the mail. My boys loved it and has been a favorite since.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 6 (6 inch) corn tortillas, divided
- 3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until browned and crumbly.
- Add seasoning mix and stir.
- Grease an 8-inch round casserole.
- Place half of tortillas over bottom.
- Layer with beef, 2 cups Monterey Jack and onion.
- Place remaining tortillas over onion.
- Pour enchilada sauce over tortillas.
- Bake until tortillas are soft and juices bubble, about 35 minutes.
- Layer remaining cheese over tortillas.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Top with green onions.
When I don't have time to make enchiladas I make this. I have made this a few times and always get a request for a copy of the recipe. This is a very forgiving recipe, I've used regular onions, cheddar cheese and green enchilada sauce and it still has amazing flavor. If I double it, I use one lb of hambuger and one can of pinto beans. This recipe is a keeper. Keep up the good work and cooking.