Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
You can use the cheapest cuts of meat in this recipe because the vinegar in the peppers breaks down the fibers in the meat. This recipe is from The Best Slow Cooker Cookbook Ever by Natalie Haughton. I sometimes stuff the beef, peppers and chopped fresh tomatoes into pita breads.
- 2 -3 lbs beef roast, any cut
- 1 (24 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers (Greek salad peppers)
- 4 -5 cloves garlic
- Cut slits in beef and insert a clove of garlic in each slit.
- You may also used chopped garlic if you wish.
- Place the roast into crockpot.
- Dump entire jar of peppers and liquid over it.
- Cook 8-10 hours on low.
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I loved this roast. I actually took it out and shredded it, drained the liquid, added a can of enchilada sauce, and rolled it up in a tortilla! YUMMY! I will be making this again! It was a hit with everyone! Thanks!
I really loved the flavor of the beef in this recipe. We found in my house however that it was missing something. We've desicided that next time we would add potatos and carrots. I really enjoyed making this becasue it was SUPER easy!!
This made very tasty sandwiches! We really loved the flavor and it couldn't be easier. I couldn't find any cheap roasts in the store, so I used two thick center cut sirloin steaks and shredded them when they were done. It was perfect. Thanks for posting.