Recipe by Dharma1972
I love banana bread and I have been tinkering with this recipe for a while now. It is a bit different but it comes out so moist. You can also substitute for any nut you like. I have used pecans and hazelnuts with great results. Also different kinds of puddings make for great changes. The last batch I made I used cheesecake flavored- OMG- sinful.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (8 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix or 1 (8 ounce) box French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup very soft butter (not melted)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream (I used low fat)
- 5 -6 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups walnuts (or nuts of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degress.
- In mixing bowl place all dry ingredients together. Sift lightly with a fork.
- Add butter and begin to beat slowly, add eggs one at a time.
- add vanilla and increase speed, making sure all dry ingredients are well mixed. Add sour cream and them mushed bananas.
- Continue to mix well. I then added chips and nuts by hand. Folding them in gently and mixing carefully until well mixed. You may add more of either to your taste.
- This should make enough batter for two large loaf pans. Fill each one about 2/3 full and cook for about 60 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.