Recipe by Allyed
This is the most delicious recipe for banana bread I have ever tasted. It stays moist, unlike most banana breads which dry out easily. This recipe tastes best when the loaf has been given a chance to cool thoroughly.
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 bananas (Or 1 cup mashed)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cream sugar and butter together in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Mash the bananas in a separate bowl.
- Add the milk and vinegar and mix by hand.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- alternate adding the banana mixture and dry ingredients to the sugar/butter mixture.
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans, and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool thoroughly before serving.