Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is one of the best chicken dishes I have ever had. The garlic, lemon and chicken drippings make the most flavorful soft delicious potatoes. Super easy to prepare - the oven does all the work.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove most of the skin from chicken thighs, leaving a small patch on top.
- Mince garlic and make a paste with the teaspoon of salt using side of large knife, then rub all over tops of chicken.
- Peel potatoes and cut into eight wedges each.
- Add salt and pepper to potatoes, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle chicken with black pepper and place in 9x13 pan.
- Place potatoes in and around thighs.
- Pour chicken broth into side of pan.
- Sprinkle lemon juice to taste over top of dish.
- Bake at 350° for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.
- Turn chicken and potatoes over halfway through cooking time.
- Add more chicken broth during baking, if pan becomes dry during cooking.
My family really enjoyed this especially the potatoes! Yummy. I didn't like the garlic paste on top. It didn't mellow with the baking and a real bite to it. Next time, and there will be one, I will just sprinkle garlic salt on top. I think I will also add more lemon, less broth and maybe a sprinkle of Greek seasonings. This was very tasty!!
WOW! Thank you for a great recipe. My family does foster care and I really need kid-friendly, kid-approved recipes that are also healthy! That's a tall order. This one fit the bill exactly. I cut up 3 large carrots, did the potatoes bite-size, cooked one thigh per kid and served it with a slice of homemade wheat bread and applesauce for dessert! THEY LOVED IT! Thank you!!!
This was a nice and easy dinner to prepare. I didn't have a fresh lemon so I used concentrated and it still turned out wonderful. I also didn't have fresh garlic so I used minced from a jar and it made a paste just fine. The potatoes had a great flavor as well as the chicken. Thank you, we enjoyed this a lot.