Recipe by Marie
This is one of the best chicken dishes I have ever had. The garlic, lemon and chicken drippings make the most flavorful soft delicious potatoes. Super easy to prepare - the oven does all the work.
Top Review by beth
My family really enjoyed this especially the potatoes! Yummy. I didn't like the garlic paste on top. It didn't mellow with the baking and a real bite to it. Next time, and there will be one, I will just sprinkle garlic salt on top. I think I will also add more lemon, less broth and maybe a sprinkle of Greek seasonings. This was very tasty!!
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 russet potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- olive oil, drizzle
- 1 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove most of the skin from chicken thighs, leaving a small patch on top.
- Mince garlic and make a paste with the teaspoon of salt using side of large knife, then rub all over tops of chicken.
- Peel potatoes and cut into eight wedges each.
- Add salt and pepper to potatoes, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle chicken with black pepper and place in 9x13 pan.
- Place potatoes in and around thighs.
- Pour chicken broth into side of pan.
- Sprinkle lemon juice to taste over top of dish.
- Bake at 350° for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until done.
- Turn chicken and potatoes over halfway through cooking time.
- Add more chicken broth during baking, if pan becomes dry during cooking.