Recipe by Quaffle
These are the best baked beans that I have had in a long while. A family friend made these for a Fourth of July BBQ and they were a big hit. They are meaty and delicious and sweet and sooo good. Enjoy!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb bacon, minced
- 2 onions, minced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon until almost done and drain off fat.
- Add onions and cook until both are done.
- In a seperate pan, brown beef and add to bacon mix.
- Add all other ingrediants and mix together.
- Put in a glass baking dish and cook uncovered for about an hour, or until the beans are not soupy.
- If there is extra liquid you can drain it with a baster.