This recipe is an old family favorite. The potatoes are delicious and a great comfort food! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 russet potatoes
- 5 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 6 ounces thick cut apple-smoked bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (recommended ( Sriracha)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1Cut potatoes lengthwise in 1/4-inch squares.
- 2Soak cut potatoes in water for 1 hour to remove starch.
- 3Heat oil to 325 degrees F and blanch potatoes for 5 minutes until very soft but not brown.
- 4Remove from oil. Drain on paper towels.
- 5In a medium saute pan over medium heat, cook bacon until just crisp, taking care not to overcook. Drain on paper towels.
- 6In a 2 quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 7Add onion and cook about 2 minutes.
- 8Add garlic and flour, whisk until smooth.
- 9Cook 2 minutes more.
- 10Add chili sauce and mustard, and slowly whisk in heavy cream.
- 11When mixture begins to simmer, add cheeses and remove from heat.
- 12Taste sauce for seasoning. If sauce is too thick, thin with more cream. If too thin, thicken with a little more cheese.
- 13Increase oil temperature to 375 degrees F.
- 14Fry potatoes a second time until crisp and golden brown.
- 15Remove from oil and drain again, season with salt immediately.
- 16On a large plate, arrange fries in the center, drizzle with sauce, top with crumbled bacon. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Bacon Cheese Fries
Serving Size: 1 (475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3561.9
- Calories from Fat 3345
- Total Fat 371.7 g
- Saturated Fat 97.3 g
- Cholesterol 341.1 mg
- Sodium 871.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: