Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is an old family favorite. The potatoes are delicious and a great comfort food! Enjoy!
Make and share this Amazing Bacon Cheese Fries recipe from Food.com.
- 3 russet potatoes
- 5 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 6 ounces thick cut apple-smoked bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (recommended ( Sriracha)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese
- Cut potatoes lengthwise in 1/4-inch squares.
- Soak cut potatoes in water for 1 hour to remove starch.
- Heat oil to 325 degrees F and blanch potatoes for 5 minutes until very soft but not brown.
- Remove from oil. Drain on paper towels.
- In a medium saute pan over medium heat, cook bacon until just crisp, taking care not to overcook. Drain on paper towels.
- In a 2 quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and flour, whisk until smooth.
- Cook 2 minutes more.
- Add chili sauce and mustard, and slowly whisk in heavy cream.
- When mixture begins to simmer, add cheeses and remove from heat.
- Taste sauce for seasoning. If sauce is too thick, thin with more cream. If too thin, thicken with a little more cheese.
- Increase oil temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Fry potatoes a second time until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain again, season with salt immediately.
- On a large plate, arrange fries in the center, drizzle with sauce, top with crumbled bacon. Serve immediately.
These were fantastic thank you so much! I reccomend these to everyone!