Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
These apricot balls are delicious and so easy to make, just process and roll into small balls, warning, you better make lots they are very addictive lol!
- 8 ounces dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- additional coconut or finely chopped pecans, for rolling
- In a food processor chop apricots and coconut until thoroughly combined.
- Add the 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk; process until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a dish; refrigerate until firm (about 30-45 minutes).
- Place wax paper on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Place additional coconut or finely chopped pecans in a shallow bowl.
- Shape apricot mixture into balls (about 1-inch in diameter).
- Roll in coconut; place on wax paper.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
I've been making apricot balls for years at the holidays, this is the first time I've used the food processor - how easy!! Will use this method for apricot balls again. They keep well in the fridge. Rolled mine in the coconut, probably should have chopped in finely first as it didn't stick as much as I would have liked it to.
I couldn't believe how easy this was! Hubby LOVES them! We will serve them at our party tonight (which is a "balls" theme lol). :) Thanks for this great, easy recipe!
These are excellent! I made them several times for holiday, low cal snacks...very popular. I used grated coconut instead of flaked, and rolled some in finely grated coconut..good results. I also substituted dried cranberries for apricots...also great.