Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Makes its own crust as it bakes. Again, this was grandmother's.
- 2 1⁄4 cups peeled sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 2 tablespoons self rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Combine 1 cup flour,1 tbsp sugar, egg, shortening, and water.
- Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour batter into 9x1 1/4 inch pan.
- Combine pie filling: apples, lemon juice,sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Pour into center of batter.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake at 425°F for 35-40 minutes.
- This pie will make its own crust.
Made this last night for dessert.I will have to make it again and maybe cook it longer as the apples were not cooked.Will have to rate again.
Very simple to make - no fuss with the crust! Turned out delicious.
Easy to make. Recipe did stipulate what to do with cinnamon and extra flour. Taste was ok.