Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are absolutely delicious. They are my favorite muffins.
- 1 egg
- 158.51 ml apple juice or 158.51 ml milk
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml flour
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml pecans or 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped and peeled
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, beat egg with juice/milk, oil and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt until moistened.
- Stir in nuts and apple.
- Fill large, paper-lined muffin cups with batter.
- Mix the last amount of sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Delicious muffins, and super easy to make, too! I did sub out one cup of flour for whole wheat flour, and since I had applesauce to use, I used 1/4 cup applesauce, and 1/4 cup oil. Absolutely wonderful - I'll be making thsese again! Made for PAC Fall 2009.