Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are absolutely delicious. They are my favorite muffins.
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup apple juice or 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped and peeled
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, beat egg with juice/milk, oil and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, sugars, baking powder, and salt until moistened.
- Stir in nuts and apple.
- Fill large, paper-lined muffin cups with batter.
- Mix the last amount of sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Delicious muffins, and super easy to make, too! I did sub out one cup of flour for whole wheat flour, and since I had applesauce to use, I used 1/4 cup applesauce, and 1/4 cup oil. Absolutely wonderful - I'll be making thsese again! Made for PAC Fall 2009.