Recipe by collegecooker
I got this recipe from my cousin who took an online cooking class. I tried it our for my roommates and we all totally loved it!
Top Review by TEChris
The chicken was drier than it should have been. A lower cooking temperature should cure this. I found the coating to be extremely dry also and not sure why. Flavor is excellent and it is very easy to make.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream or 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup finely crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground peppercorn blend
- 1 dash ground cayenne pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat or 1 lb skinless chicken drumsticks
- butter-flavored cooking spray or oil, mister
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly coat a dark colored nonstick cooking sheet with cooking spray. Place sour cream in a medium bowl. Set aside. Combine cornflakes, cornmeal, old bay seasoning, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, peppercorn mix, and ground cayenne in a medium bowl. Set aside. To prepare chicken, place chicken to the left of your work space. Place sour cream to the right of the chicken. Place cornmeal mixture to the right of the sour cream. Place cooking sheet to the right of the cornmeal. Using your left hand, pick up a piece of chicken and place in sour cream. Still using only your left hand carefully dredge chicken piece, ensuring that it is well covered in sour cream. Then place chicken piece in cornmeal mixture. Using your right hand, carefully press chicken into cornmeal mixture. Once chicken piece is covered in cornmeal mixture, use your right hand to place it on the cooking sheet. Repeat until all chicken pieces are breaded. Lightly spray chicken pieces with spray butter or an oil mister. Bake 30-40 minutes, depending on size of chicken pieces.