Recipe by petlover
I made this up from a bunch or recipes -- it is wonderful served with rice pilaf, or noodles. The meat is so tender-falls off the bone! Time-- does not include natural steam cooling time
Top Review by Alan H.
I've got a great idea! Why don't you test your recipes before you publish them? That way I wouldn't have 3 pounds of boneless short ribs burned and blackened to the consistency of battleship armor. And do you have any ideas about how I can clean a pressure cooker with an inch of burned meat and onions stuck to the bottom?
- 3 lbs beef chuck beef short ribs
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups beef broth or 1 3⁄4 cups stock
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 sweet onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in heavy pan then brown short ribs ( cut up ) in the oil.
- Put short ribs in pressure cooker.
- Put in pressure cooker red wine, beef broth, onion (sliced thick),
- garlic (chopped), honey, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to high pressure.
- Cook at high pressure for one hour.
- Turn off and let steam come down naturally -- do not open cooker until steam is completely released.