Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this up from a bunch or recipes -- it is wonderful served with rice pilaf, or noodles. The meat is so tender-falls off the bone! Time-- does not include natural steam cooling time
- 3 lbs beef chuck beef short ribs
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups beef broth or 1 3⁄4 cups stock
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 sweet onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in heavy pan then brown short ribs ( cut up ) in the oil.
- Put short ribs in pressure cooker.
- Put in pressure cooker red wine, beef broth, onion (sliced thick),
- garlic (chopped), honey, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to high pressure.
- Cook at high pressure for one hour.
- Turn off and let steam come down naturally -- do not open cooker until steam is completely released.
I've got a great idea! Why don't you test your recipes before you publish them? That way I wouldn't have 3 pounds of boneless short ribs burned and blackened to the consistency of battleship armor. And do you have any ideas about how I can clean a pressure cooker with an inch of burned meat and onions stuck to the bottom?
Fast, easy, delicious! I've also added a few tablespoons of my favorite BBQ sauce to the pot after the meat has cooked and some of the liquid drained.
You'll never regret seasoning meat prior to browning. Just do it...