Prep 15 mins
Cook 33 mins
From the September 4, 2009 edition of Athens Plus Magazine. This pudding looks more like a cake, sort of like bread pudding, which doesn't look anything like an American pudding dessert.
- 625 ml sugar
- 875 ml flour
- 15 ml baking soda
- 45 ml apricot jam
- 45 ml olive oil
- 15 ml vinegar
- 6 eggs
- 375 ml milk
Syrup or Frosting
- 500 ml sugar
- 500 ml cream
- 375 ml water
- 125 g butter
- 60 ml amarula liqueur
- Pudding: Mix eggs and sugar till spongy.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the vinegar.
- Add the vinegar, apricot jam, oil and milk and mix through.
- Sift in the flour and a pinch of salt and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour into buttered muffin pans and bake at 180C for 25-30 minutes.
- Syrup/Frosting: Place all ingredients in a pot and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add Amarula and pour over the malva pudding to soak.
- Serve pudding warm with syrup/frosting and toasted almonds or berries.