Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This looks so good!!! From the Gauteng province of South Africa
Make and share this Amarula Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- Cut pods in half lengthways and scrape out seeds.
- Mix egg yolk with sugar until fluffy and white.
- Heat milk, cream, liqueur and vanilla seeds.
- DO NOT BOIL!
- Using a fine mesh strainer remove the vanilla seeds from the mixture.
- Add the milk mixture into the egg and sugar bit by bit stirring constantly.
- Place over a double boiler stirring until you have a custard consistency.
- Never let it boil.
- Process through your ice cream machine until set.
- If you do not have an ice cream machine, allow to set in the freezer for 8 hours.
- Beat into a smooth texture when icicles form in the setting process.
Amarula is a very new flavor for me and one I would never have tried probably if not for ZWT4. I quite enjoy it and it us of course well suited for this cold and creamy ice cream. Made a half batch of it. This is not overly sweet...we served it with fried plantains for a very sophisticated adult dessert. Thank you for posting.
Really smooth, creamy and good textured ice cream. Made it in an ice cream maker. Not that sweet and amarula flavor was only a hint.