Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a delicious coffee Adult milkshake! The recipe uses Amarula Cream Liquor from South Africa. It is sold at most liquor stores. The frappé looks great in a highball glass with a long stem or large mouth wine goblet. If you love chocolate and coffee... this shake is for you!
- 2 ounces Amarula cream liqueur
- 4 ounces black coffee
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate ice cream (2 big scoops)
- 2 ounces milk or 2 ounces cream
- whipped cream (optional)
- chocolate-covered espresso beans, garnish (optional)
- Put the first 4 ingredients into a cocktail shaker and shake until creamy. The coffee should be warm enough to slightly melt the ice cream.
- Pour into a highball glass and garnish with whipped cream and chocolate covered espresso beans.
Yum! I'm enjoying a lighter version of this right now. I used a sugar free fudgsicle in place of ice cream and a splenda/sugar blend of choc. sauce. Perfect for this hot summer night, THANK YOU!
Made this over the holiday for company, and used half coffee ice cream and half chocolate ice cream, and OMG!! Not only was it delicious...I looked like a pro making all these yummy drinks!!! ;) :) Thanks so much!!! :) Made for the ZWT4 (Oh! And my neighbors are now buying Amarula!! heehee!!) ;) :) Totally cool!!!!!
This is delicious NcMS. I really enjoyed this Amarula drink. I used half and half cream, really strong organic coffee, chocolate ice cream and a combination of white & chocolate whipped creams. This makes a lovely rich, smooth, creamy drink, with lots of subtle flavours. I love the combo of coffee, chocolate and amarula. Very quick and easy to make, into my keeper box this goes. Thanks so much for sharing.