Recipe by cookiedog
I have just recently been introduced to Amarula and I love it. I have not tried this recipe yet but it looks wonderful. From the Amarula web site.
- 200 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 20 ml orange juice
- 60 ml Amarula cream liqueur
- 178 ml evaporated milk, chilled
- 10 ml finely grated orange rind
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir the chocolate continuously until it has melted. Stir in the orange juice. Amarula Cream, half the can of evaporated milk and orange rind. Stir to make smooth.
- Whisk the remaining evaporated milk until thick and fold into the chocolate mixture. Pour into a fondue pot and set over a low flame.
- Serve with a selection of fresh fruit and sponge fingers.
- NOTE: Chocolate burns easily, so it its important not to let the mixture boil or it will become bitter.
- Microwave Method:.
- In a heat resistant bowl place the chocolate, orange juice, Amarula Cream, half the can of evaporated milk and orange rind. Microwave on 100% power to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir to make smooth. Whisk the remaining evaporated milk until thick, and then fold into the chocolate mixture. Pour into a fondue pot.