Cook1 hr 30 mins
As called several times, the Amarula Queen, and the love of cheesecakes, I had to post this recipe. Taking the ingredients of my favorite cheesecake and adding a little Amarula this makes a decadent, rich and creamy cheesecake that gets rave reviews. This was in my Secret Recipes, but I decided to go ahead and make it public for Zaar! I always bake my cheesecakes in a water bath... this makes them really moist.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 10-inch springform pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir in the melted butter with the graham cracker crumbs just until they become moist. Put enough crumbs in the pan to fill the bottom. Press firmly and put in the oven for 10 minutes. Take out and allow to cool.
- With a mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar; add the mascarpone. Add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla and Amarula Cream liqueur.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into the prepared cake pan and, drop heaping tablespoons of Caramel Topping onto batter. Using a toothpick, take the caramel and swirl around cheesecake batter. (Do not try to even the batter by dropping pan on counter!).
- Wrap bottom and sides of pan in aluminum foil and put into water bath. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until the middle is set. (Cheesecake should be golden on top, spring to the touch -- but still a little wabbly. Toothpick insert should be clean.
- Remove cheesecake to counter and let cool. Place in refrigerator for 2-3 hours to set completely. For Best results and taste, set overnight or at least 6 hours before serving. (I can never wait this long -- so I make it at night and put in the refrigerator for the next day).
- Serve with chocolate sauce, fresh berries, or fresh whipped cream. (I sometimes add a drizzle more of the caramel sauce ;).
I must have done something wrong. This was a flop for me. It didn't come out very high -- are you sure it's in a 10 inch pan? I am not sure it even baked through. It said 90 minutes; after 70 I was afraid it would burn. It was too brown on top. I haven't tasted it yet, but I don't think I can use it for the dinner party this weekend. What did I do wrong? It wasn't an inexpensive cheesecake to make. Thanks.
Decadently delicious, the most fluffy cheesecake ever. Will do it again and again when I want to eat something especial. Changed the crust a bit and added crushed almonds, yummyyyyy !!!
Excellent recipe! I made this for Thanksgiving this year and everyone who's eaten it has said that it's the best cheesecake they've ever had! I will be making this again!