Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I can't wait to try these.
Make and share this Amarula and Chocolate-Covered Strawberries recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon Amarula cream liqueur
- 60 large fresh strawberries, rinsed and patted dry with stems left intact
- In the top of a double boiler, over hot water, slowly melt chocolate.
- Add cream, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and blend Amarula until completely mixed into chocolate.
- Hold each berry by stem, swirl in chocolate to partially cover.
- Place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Place in refrigerator until chocolate is set.
- Transfer fruit onto a serving platter.
I had to give this one only 4 stars since the chocolate didn't set. I had them in the fridge overnight, yet, they still weren't completely hard. The taste is definitely 5 stars worth though. Just the whole chocolate not setting this was a bit annoying.
These were outstanding! What a wonderful way to eat fresh strawberries! I only made half of this recipe but that was a lot. My kids just loved them and want me to make them again. Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
*Reviewed during ZWT4* These were wondeful. Quick and easy to make and very rich. A romantic dessert with a glass of wine. Photo also to be posted