Recipe by gailanng
This is especially great to take to someone's home for a party or to enjoy at home with guests....or alone!!
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 -4 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut-up watermelon, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, pineapple (or combination)
- 1 1⁄2 cups peach slices, seedless grapes (or combination)
- ice cream
- toasted almonds or pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- For syrup: in a small saucepan, stir together the sugar, water and honey. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the amaretto and lemon juice. Place fruit in a large mixing bowl. Pour syrup over fruit. Cover and chill for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Serve over ice cream; sprinkle with toasted almonds or pecans.