Recipe by sdowney
I got this recipe from one of my son's friend's mother. She served it with Strawberries and the taste is fantastic. Dresses up any plain whipped topping. When I prepared it I used 1 1/2 cups of cold milk and 1/2 cup of Amaretto. In knew once I tasted it that I used more liqueur than she did. I couldn't remember if she said 1/2 cup or 1/4 cup. It was 1/4 cup as stated in the recipe below. I could taste the liqueur but this is the way I will prepare it in the future because it was excellent. Not too much alcohol taste but just enough for you to know it's in there. I apologize for the long description but I wanted to let you know that you can prepare it both ways and you will not be disappointed, I guarantee. (Cook time is chill time.)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 3⁄4 cups cold milk
- 1⁄4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl whisk until smooth (Approx. 2 minutes) instant pudding, cold milk and Amaretto.
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Just before serving whisk into pudding mixture the entire container of Cool Whip.
- Serve with fresh fruit, cake pieces, or as a topping to your favorite pie.