Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Southern Living. Ingredient #7 is Swiss mocha instant coffee mix such as International Coffees Suisse Mocha. The Zaar editing software will not let me state it as such.
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup almond liqueur (Amaretto)
- 1 cup butter
- 8 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 5 large eggs
- 3 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup suisse mocha instant coffee powder (International Coffees Suisse Mocha)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Add walnuts and almond liqueur to a bowl; stir to coat; allow pecans to soak in liqueur for 4-6 hours; drain and discard liqueur.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Beat eggs, sugar, and Swiss mocha mix using an electric mixer on medium speed for 8 minutes.
- Gradually add in slightly cooled chocolate mixture, beating at low speed until blended.
- Gradually add in vanilla, flour, and salt, beating until well blended.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased foil-lined 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack; cut into squares.