Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Perfect for anyone who loves chocolate!
Make and share this Amaretto Truffle Bars recipe from Food.com.
Chocolate Layer Ingredients
- 4 (1 ounce) bittersweet chocolate pieces, chocolate baking bars
- 6 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, baking bars
- 1⁄3 cup land o lakes butter
- 1⁄2 cup land o lakes heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup land o lakes butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto, liqueur*
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- Line 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil extending over edges. Combine baking bars, 1/3 cup butter and whipping cream in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring often, until smooth. Reserve 1 cup mixture; set aside. Spread remaining chocolate mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Freeze until set (about 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, combine pudding mix, 1/4 cup melted butter, amaretto, milk and vanilla in large bowl; stir until well mixed. Add powdered sugar; beat at medium speed until smooth. Spread filling mixture over chocolate mixture in pan. Carefully pour reserved chocolate mixture over filling. Freeze until set (about 30 minutes).
- Lift bars out of pan using foil; cut into bars. Lightly sprinkle top of bars with cocoa. To serve, place bars in mini paper liners. Store in refrigerator.
- *Substitute 3 tablespoons milk plus 1 teaspoon almond extract.