Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a great recipe for a tasty tiramisu. The Amaretto gives it that extra taste.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 24 ladyfingers
- 3⁄4 cup strong coffee
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (optional)
- Beat together cream cheese and sugar in medium-size bowl until light and creamy, 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in amaretto and vanilla.
- Fold whipped topping into cream-cheese mixture.
- Arrange half of ladyfingers in dish just large enough to hold them in one layer, such as a 9 x 9-inch casserole dish. Sprinkle with half the coffee. Top with half the cream-cheese mixture, spreading smooth. Sprinkle with half the cocoa. Arrange the remaining ladyfingers over cocoa. Sprinkle with remaining coffee. Top with remaining cream-cheese mixture, smoothing the top. Sprinkle with remaining cocoa.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and sliced almonds.
I went to Olive Garden and got one of their small deserts...amaretto tiramisu, and knew I had to try it at home! This recipe was everything I was expecting, it came out even better than most of my tiramisus, it had just the right amount of coffee (usually mine are overpowering) and the amaretto flavor just takes it over the top! Even the creamy layer was so good you would have never known it had no marscapone cheese. Mmmm
The only thing I did different was half the cocoa powder, when I went to put the first layer of it down I had everything covered in chocolate and still way more left in my sifter so I just saved it for later, ended up using 1/8 cup.
An excellent recipe.