Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I was craving an amaretto sour sooo bad but was unsure how exactly to make one and none of the recipes here on Zaar sounded quite right so I made up my own. You can adjust the sweet to sour ratio to your tastes by adding more lemon juice or more simple syrup. I know this isn't traditional but it's darn good. Serving size is approximate. I used a tall 'pepsi' glass per person but you could easily split into two smaller glasses. Enjoy.
- 59.14 ml Amaretto
- 118.29 ml prepared prepared sweet-and-sour mix
- 118.29 ml almond simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 4.92 ml grenadine
- lemon juice
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Add all ingredients and mix well.
- Lemon juice is according to taste. I only add about a teaspoon.
- To prepare simple syrup:.
- Mix equal parts water and sugar in a sauce pan over low heat. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons almond extract. Whisk until well blended and cool. Refrigerate until ready use. (I generally make a large batch and add it to lemonade and tea).