Recipe by Starrynews
This is a recipe from my grandmother, which all of us grandkids just love! It has a wonderful flavor and a beautiful presentation!
Top Review by gailanng
Irresistible! As I'm touring around the world with ZWT, I'd like to believe that the 5 pounds of extra weight I'm walking around with is just camera weight. Made for ZWT#8~Great Britain. Tally-Ho!
- 1892.0 ml strawberries
- 44.37 ml Amaretto
- 59.16 ml sugar, divided
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 473.18 ml powdered sugar
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- 1 angel food cake
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and cut strawberries in half in a bowl. Add Amaretto and 3 tablespoons of the sugar and allow the mixture to sit.
- Cream together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, sour cream, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Whip the cream with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar. Fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Tear angel food cake into bite-size pieces into the cream cheese and whipping cream mixture.
- Layer in a large bowl - if you have a trifle-style bowl or other clear glass bowl, the layers look great in it. Start with the berry mixture as the bottom layer and end with the berries.
- Chill before serving.