Recipe by twissis
This recipe from the *Chocolate Recipes* section of www.101cookbooks.com (Exploring Cookbooks, 1 Recipe at a Time) got rave reviews & variations were also noted there. Per Heidi (the site mgr), "Don't tell anyone, but this recipe is very easy-to-make. Oh, & it's dairy-free. Shhhh, it's also vegan, but don't tell the non-vegans." *PLS NOTE Kid Friendly Option* at the end of the prep steps. *Enjoy* !
Top Review by Zaccaria
Very good! Easy to make too. I used 3 bars of 'Endangered Species" dark 72% Chocolate. I ended up also using 1 packet of stevia because it was not sweet enough. Extremely rich and naughty ; )
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate soymilk
- 1 (9 ounce) bag semisweet vegan chocolate chips (Tropical Source or Sunspire Brand suggested)
- 12 ounces silken tofu
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour chocolate soy milk into a sml pot & bring to a simmer. Remove from heat & let cool while you melt the choc chips.
- Melt choc chips in a double boiler - or if you're like me & don't own a double-boiler, make 1 using a sml saucepan set under a big mixing bowl. Put 1-2 in of water in the sml saucepan & bring barely to a simmer. Place the mixing bowl w/choc chips on top of the saucepan & let the heat come up to gently warm the chips while you stir occ till they are completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add soy milk & silken tofu to the melted choc chips. Process w/an immersion blender till completely smooth. Stir in the Amaretto & almond extract.
- Chill in the big bowl (or in individual serving dishes) for at least 1 1/2 hrs (the longer, the better). The pudding will set up nicely as it cools.
- KID-FRIENDLY OPTION: To make the recipe entirely kid-friendly, omit Amaretto & sub an = amt of choc soy milk, so you'd use 3/4 cup soy milk total. :-).