Recipe by Cookin-jo
These snowballs have become a tradition in my home. They're just a bit different and very easy to make.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- icing sugar, for rolling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and icing sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add flour and salt and mix well.
- Add Amaretto and mix well.
- Roll dough into small balls, less than an inch.
- Place onto a parchment-lined sheet or a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on a rack and roll in additional icing sugar.