Recipe by Jill77
This is from the Chicago Daily Herald newspaper. A simple, light, colorful dish.
Top Review by Ginny233
I thought this dish was too sweet, although my dinner guest enjoyed it. It's definitely worth trying again, but I would cut back on the Amaretto and add broth or cream as the base of the sauce.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, minced
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1⁄2-1 cup Amaretto
- 1 cup blanched almond, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- chopped parsley
- parmesan cheese
- angel hair pasta, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare shrimp by peeling, but leave tails on.
- Use a sharp knife to lightly score a line down the back of each shrimp.
- Over medium heat, saute onions in a skillet with the olive oil until onions are transparent.
- Add shrimp and stir-fry about 5 minutes until pink.
- Add amaretto, almonds& salt.
- Cook 1 1/2 minutes until bubbly.
- Serve over cooked angel hair pasta with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese.