Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
NO BAKE, Wonderfully rich and naughty. contains alcohol (not for children) I make this every New Years Eve. This recipe started off being a Rum Dessert that someone gave me that I elaborated on for the holidays one year and have been asked to make ever since.
- 1 10-inch deep dish pie crust (prepared or bought)
- 1 can prepared cherry pie filling
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup amaretto liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- 1⁄4 cup grated semisweet chocolate
- Beat egg yolks til light, gradually slowly adding the 1 cup sugar, til thick, light and fluffy.
- Soften gelatin in water in small sauce pan, then bring it to a boil.
- In a very slow ribbon stream slowly beat into egg yolk mixture.
- Set aside.
- Beat whipping cream til thick and stiff, fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Slowly fold in amaretto and rum.
- Spread pie cherries on bottom of prepared shell.
- fill with egg-cream mixture.
- Top with grated chocolate.
- Chill over night or several hours til firm.
Ooooohhhh - Goooood!!!! Made it for a dinner party and got rave reviews. Just don't eat four pieces and then try to drive. Or walk.